How to apply for a vacancy
1. Download and save the Application Form to your computer.
2. Please re-name the file with your name i.e.- “John Smith Application”
3. Complete the application form. (MS Word is required, alternatives may work but if completing it electronically is not possible, please print the document and complete by hand)
4. When you have completed your application form, return to the specific advert page and select Upload. Please note it is important that you upload your application onto the page of the specific vacancy you wish to apply for. It is advisable to save the advert page so that you can easily navigate back to it.
5. Upon selection of the upload button you will arrive at the application page.
6. Please complete the online form and attach your application form
7. Receipt of you application will be confirmed and a reference number will be issued. This is not emailed to you so please make a note of it.
8. When the advert closes your application form will be sent to the school for shortlisting.
9. If you have any queries with regards to the progress of your application after this point you should contact the school directly in the first instance.
Re-use your Application Form
It is possible to re-use your saved application form to apply for different vacancies but you should always-
• Check that the application form is the same as the one available to download from the new vacancy’s page
• Adapt your Supporting statement to reflect the variations in the person specifications.
• If you are experiencing problems completing your application electronically please print and complete by hand. You may then either scan the application and upload as above or post directly to the school you are applying to.
• Should you have a separate supporting document i.e. additional Supporting Statement text please complete on a separate file, Zip together with the application form and upload to the site as above. (please see below for guidance on Zipping)
• To add a signature to your application you can either add a scanned image of your signature or simply type out your full name within the signature box.
How to create a Zip Folder
1. Locate the file or folder that you want to compress/ Zip.
2. Right-click the file or folder, point to Send To, and then click Compressed (zipped) Folder.
3. A new compressed folder is created. To rename it, right-click the folder, click Rename, and then type the new name.
4. Add files as necessary to the zipped folder
*Mac users may experience difficulties completing the application form electronically and should therefore complete the form by hand*